Translators set their own fees and conditions. Bear in mind that you get what you pay for so low quote may not offer the best deal and price should be only one factor in evaluating who should translate your document.
- The average rate is 15 to 25 cents a word (depending on the type of document to be translated, the language combination, the amount of work involved, the subject matter and the deadline).
- Expect to pay more for technical translations and urgent jobs.
- Premium charged on rush jobs is a few cents more per word.
- The majority of translators charge by the word, based on a count using the source language.
- The majority of translators charge by the hour for revision (the average rate is about 30 to 50 dollars per hour).
- The average revision rates by the word is 4 to 5 cents a word.
- Translators produce between 1000 and 3000 words per day (depending on the type of document to be translated, the subject matter, and the level of experience).